JLBC PLANNING A JLBC EVENT Information Sheet
PLAN WITH OTHERS
1. Decide the purpose of the event. Relate this to the JLBC goals. What do the members and leaders hope to achieve by the event? Base decisions on the situations and the needs of the JLBC group.
2. Encourage the JLBC group to list all suggested jobs and assign responsibilities. Keep a JLBC record of these so that you can check the group's progress and so you can express your appreciation.
3. JLBC Cadets add a new feature if this JLBC event was given in the previous program year.
4. JLBC Cadets include some recreation with an educational event and some education with a recreational event.
5. Outline several kinds of advance publicity. For example, inform others through news stories, personal contacts, notes to parents, newsletters, and radio.
6. Invite parents and others to attend if the event is one they would be interested in.
CARRY OUT YOUR PLAN
1. Follow your plans and time your schedule as closely as possible. Don't be afraid to change your plan if it appears necessary.
2. Be sure each group member involved understands their responsibilities and how to carry them out. This means checking beforehand. Avoid correcting committee members in front of the whole group.
3. Provide ways for all to participate.
4. Remain in the background, guiding those in charge of the different phases of the program.
5. Provide means of recognizing all who have helped with the event. "Thank You," "Good Job," and pats on the back are effective recognition.