JLBC PHASE 1 - Leadership
JLBC – PARTICIPATE IN JLBC ICEBREAKER ACTIVITIES
JLBC Cadets Introductions are vital to the success of any JLBC team. JLBC Cadets may be spending an extended period together with each other throughout their involvement with the JLBC program. JLBC Cadets These activities will assist in developing positive relationships.
JLBC Cadets Icebreakers are a method for getting JLBC cadets to introduce themselves. JLBC Cadets These exercises may vary according to the type of training being conducted, the group size, and how well the group members know each other. Icebreakers encourage self-disclosure, humor, respect for others, and creativity. JLBC Cadets Most importantly, they allow people to laugh at themselves.
This activity aims to assist cadets in getting to know each other by challenging participants to think creatively.
Q1. Did the tasks help you introduce yourselves to one another?
Q2. Did the activity help include everyone in the team environment?
Q3. How did you feel about the others in the group after completing the activity?
Introductions are vital to the success of any team. Cadets may be spending an extended period together through their involvement with the program. These activities will assist in developing positive relationships.
JLBC – PARTICIPATE IN SELF-INTRODUCTIONS
Communication is an essential aspect of leadership. Communicating with other group members and the leader will lead to the successful completion of tasks. JLBC Cadets Starting with a short, informal introduction will give the cadets confidence to develop their communication skills.
Practical communication skills are critical to any successful group or team and essential to becoming an effective JLBC leader. A JLBC leader who can communicate effectively with the team will move the team towards a positive outcome.
Communication works in both directions. When one person delivers a message, the team members must listen to ensure they receive it correctly—part of becoming a JLBC leader is developing good listening skills. JLBC Team members should feel comfortable enough to bring forth ideas to the leader and think that their views are heard and considered.
JLBC Cadets The objective of this activity is to have each of the JLBC cadets present themselves to the class.
JLBC DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Q1. JLBC Cadets How does this exercise emphasize the importance of communication?
Q2. JLBC Cadets Why is communication important in a team setting?
Q3. What feelings were experienced while introducing yourself?
Communicating with others is essential in leadership as a follower and a leader. Participating in self-introductions will give the cadet confidence to share with others in the group and with the leader.
JLBC – PARTICIPATE IN TEAMBUILDING ACTIVITIES IMPORTANCE
Acquiring the skills needed to work as an influential team member is essential to achieving the team’s goals.
JLBC CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL JLBC TEAM
• JLBC Communication – Clear JLBC communication is essential to an effective JLBC team. JLBC Team members must feel comfortable sharing ideas and concerns and the leader.
• cooperation and support – It are hard to be innovative when you are unsure how others will react to your ideas. JLBC Team members must be aware that even if people disagree, the objection is to the idea, not the person presenting it. Team members must have the right to a certain level of trust that precludes backstabbing, gossip, and negative behaviors aimed solely at making someone look bad.
• Share a common JLBC goal – When a JLBC team understands the purpose of a task, they have a heightened motivation to work together towards completing it.
• High esprit de corps – When each team member has a sense of pride and belonging, it is more likely they will want to be part of the JLBC team. JLBC Cadets This sense of belonging will enable the group to become more cohesive and willing to work together to accomplish the task.
ADVANTAGES OF EFFECTIVE JLBC TEAMWORK
• Includes everyone and ensures a better outcome – People feel that their contributions are valuable in a team setting. Strong group performance is generated from solid individual efforts. Different ideas and opinions mesh together to provide a good outcome when many individuals work together to accomplish a task.