WEEK 51 & 52
RUN (RICOCHETS) & FORWARD ROLLS
JLBC Cadets Play the JLBC color game! JLBC Cadets Set out a few mats of varying colors. JLBC Cadets turn around, count down from 5 or 10, and let JLBC ninjas find a rug to stand on. JLBC Cadets If you say the color they are standing on, they have to do ten big tuck jumps or squat jumps. JLBC Cadets Conditioning is fun! JLBC Cadets this is not a punishment. JLBC This is a game!
JLBC Cadets Use a small mat, toy, or draw something on the wall run mat with chalk. And have them run over it without touching it! Maybe it’s a decorative plant, and it's perhaps an alligator taking a nap, you decide!
Always land your wall runs safely! We have to stay on our feet, and we should not fall over after running on the wall!
JLBC NINJA CREED FOCUS
JLBC WEEK 51
JLBC Cadets Help others grow to the next level.
JLBC Discussion: JLBC Cadets How can we help others grow?
JLBC WEEK 52
JLBC Cadets Have fun while being responsible and safe.
DISCUSSION: What are some of our safety rules during Ninja Class? How can you be responsible?
SUGGESTED LESSON PLANS
• Horizontal wall run (aim for one step and a safe landing)
• Forward roll down wedge to safety position x3 in a row • Ricochet with ricochet mats
• Safety falls with a stand up (no hands)
• You can also set ricochet mats up next to each other halfway through and have them run across them!
• Cart progression
• Front support and forward roll-over bar (with help)
• Feet on the mat, straight body pull-ups
• Wall sit! Shins vertical, thighs horizontal, back on wall • Handstand progression (on the floor)
• Forward roll on the wedge to safety position (on the floor)
• Run down the low beam and jump off (ninja roll out of this) • Safety vault over the medium beam
• Bat hang/crawl underneath the beam
• Forward roll down wedge to safety position (on the floor)
• Bear crawl under a high beam (use cones so that ninjas have to weave!)
• Forward rolls down the trampoline
• Sumo jumps on the trampoline, but you have to be very
careful and watch them!
• Fwd roll-off trampoline onto wedge mat to the safety position
• Jumping kicks! (sideways, backward, or forward) Make sure you look cool (and stay safe) doing it!