JLBC CURRICULUM VERSION
WEEK 49 & 50
SAFETY VAULT &
Relay races using different animal runs! Dogs, cats, bears, lemurs, monkeys, birds, dinosaurs,
Hold a pool noodle for them to kick when they do their handstand kicks or handstands!
Look where your feet are going to land when you do a handstand! If you don’t, you could step in an elephant pie!
NINJA CREED FOCUS
Use my JLBC ninja powers only for good and practical purposes.
JLBC DISCUSSION: When should we NOT use our ninja powers?
JLBC Cadets Resolve conflict in a peaceful, quiet, and respectful manner.
DISCUSSION: What is the competition? How can we keep from starting a battle?
SUGGESTED LESSON PLANS
• Safety vault alternating sides (also try 2-3 in a row)
• Handstand on cart block & spiderman handstand
• Bear crawl weaving through cones
• Precision jumps or two-footed jump onto the higher mat,
jump down and ninja roll
• Mat pushes! Use a panel mat or a nonvelcro side of a
ninja mat and push it across the floor!
• Jump front support
• Front support dips
• Turn vault over LOW bar (you can use a floor bar raised
with a couple of mats or parallettes)
• Five Frog jumps (hands touch floor with a squat jump)
• Bear crawl down beam (extend arms and body is long) • Booty Scooties (straddle beam and reach arms forward
and push the bottom up and forward down the beam)
• Hands-on low beam, jumping over the beam sideways
while walking hands down, beam
• Plank walk with low & medium beams (hands on one
beam, feet on the other, stomach faces down) • Duck underneath the high beam
• Seat drops & tuck jumps
• Spiderman handstand or handstand progression • Safety vault x2 (on the floor)
• Handstand kicks!