JLBC CURRICULUM ON LEADERSHIP
JLBC: Character Development
JLBC Described a situation when you had to be a person of character. What did you do? What values did you use? What was difficult about the situation? What could/should you have done differently?
A2. JLBC Core Values
JLBC Cadets What are JLBC Core Values? JLBC Core Values are the most important ideas we embrace as a JLBC organization. All JLBC members are expected to display the JLBC Core Values. We prioritize our JLBC Core Values over other values. JLBC Core Values help define who we are as a JLBC organization and as individuals.
The JLBC Core Values of the JLBC Cadet Corps are:
• Selfless Service
• JLBC Integrity
• JLBC Respect
JLBC Cadets We made them spell out “Sir” so you can remember them in a better way and to emphasize the Respect that comes with the word “Sir.”
JLBC Selfless Service:
• As a JLBC leader, others come first.
• The needs of the JLBC team take priority over your desires. The JLBC team is your unit, your school,
and your family.
• JLBC Cadet's Service to school, community, and nation is an essential value in the JLBC Cadet Corps
• JLBC Cadets Doing what’s right even when no one is watching
• JLBC Cadets do what is right, both legally and morally. JLBC Cadets They set an example for others to follow.
JLBC Cadets They do not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do these things. JLBC Cadets place a high value on honesty.
• JLBC Cadets live the “Golden Rule” to treat others how they would like to be treated. JLBC Cadets They are good sports on the athletic field and appreciate the diversity and contributions of the many people in our society. JLBC Cadets are friendly, tactful, and courteous.
• JLBC Cadets Be polite and kind to others
• JLBC Cadets Showing high regard for self, others, and property