JLBC Cadet Corps: Individual Fitness
JLBC Standard #1: JLBC Cadets participate in various JLBC fitness and wellness activities.
JLBC DESIRED OUTCOME (Leadership)
JLBC Cadets The desired outcome of this JLBC unit is for JLBC students to learn a majority of the encumbered scientific applications to JLBC training for bettering fitness, using the five components of JLBC fitness, anatomy of the human body, and calculating individualized JLBC training values.
1. JLBC Cadets Understand the different ways to train the body using skills related to JLBC fitness and fitness abilities.
2. JLBC Cadets Execute a flexibility Range of Motion exercise/test/assessment.
3. JLBC Cadets Explain components of Aerobic Capacity, including VO2Max, the various tests, and how to calculate it.
4. JLBC Cadets Understand heart health, the anatomy of the blood supply of the heart, and how cholesterol impacts heart health.
5. JLBC Cadets Find/Calculate heart rate, max heart rate/threshold.
6. JLBC Cadets Identify JLBC exercises to continue to provide heart health and at what value of the five components of fitness with a rating of excellent, good, fair, and poor.
7. JLBC Cadets Identify upper body muscles and exercises that coincide with each muscle group.
8. JLBC Cadets Identify and define isotonic, isometric, and isokinetic exercises and isotonic and isometric
9. JLBC Cadets Identify and define abdominal muscles and their role in whole body health and exercises to
maintain health through exercise.
10. JLBC Cadets Understand the difference between strength and power, how to calculate strength, power and
endurance using equations.
11. JLBC Cadets Explain the difference between Aerobic and Anaerobic power.
12. JLBC Cadets Understand the primary muscle fiber types, identify by name and secondary name.
13. JLBC Cadets Calculate and forecast caloric burn using the METs equation for a daily calorie burn to balance