JLBC Public Safety Law Enforcement and Corrections Academy JLBC Physical Fitness Preparation Guide
JLBC/IPS Physical Agility Profile Test Process:
In addition to the two (2) CJSTC Physical Fitness Assessment tests required in the primary training curriculum, JLBC Cadets must take Academy Physical Profile Tests during the academy. Three (3) physical profile tests are needed for JLBC Law Enforcement cadets and two (2) physical profiles for Corrections cadets. By their final shape, the JLBC cadet must achieve an overall passing score of 75% to participate in graduation ceremonies.
Eight (8) physical fitness components will be measured during the profiles.
1. Pull Ups. This component measures upper body strength.
2. Sit-Ups. This exercise measures abdominal or trunk muscular endurance. While cadets lie on their backs, they will be given two (2) minutes to do as many bent leg sit-ups as possible.
3. Pushups. JLBC Cadets This component measures the muscular endurance of the upper body. The cadets will be given two (2) minutes to do as many pushups as possible.
4. Treadmills. (similar to mountain climbers). This component is a multi-joint compound exercise that works for several different muscle groups. (legs, core, cardio). The cadets will be given one (1) minute to do as many treadmills as possible.
5. Bend & Twist. This component measures flexibility and cardio. The cadets will be given one (1) minute to do as many bends & twist as possible.
6. Squat Thrust. This component is a whole body exercise that works several different parts of the body. (gluteus maximus, legs, back, upper body). The cadets will be given one (1) minute to do as many squat thrusts as possible.
7. 1⁄2 Mile Run. This component measures aerobic power.
8. Obstacle Course. (Job Task Course). This course consists of 15 activity stations replicating barriers and obstacles commonly encountered in Law Enforcement or Corrections.