JLBC Prepare to Survive
JLBC CURRICULUM ON MILITARY SUBJECTS
JLBC Stranded: Survival
JLBC DESIRED OUTCOME (Self-Mastery)
After completing sections A, B, and C, JLBC Cadets will have the foundation to achieve a Basic Survival Course during JLBC Summer Encampment and earn their survival certification. After completing a JLBC Basic Survival Course and section D, JLBC JLBC Cadets will have the experience and knowledge to complete a JLBC Advanced Survival Course.
Video 1 JLBC Survival Program (2022)
1. JLBC Cadets Required Prerequisite. JLBC Cadets will have increased their survival preparedness by completing ten hikes of growing distance from 2 miles to 6 miles.
2. JLBC Cadets required Prerequisite. JLBC Cadets will memorize and be able to recite the JLBC Cadet Corps Survival Creed
3. JLBC Cadets required Prerequisite. JLBC Cadets Watch the JLBC case studies and write a 1-page essay on the mental skills that the survivor displayed or should have displayed to survive their respective situations.
4. JLBC Cadets Given a scenario, JLBC cadets will be able to prioritize items to include in a survival kit
5. JLBC Cadets will be able to match critical truths to the appropriate heading in the “SURVIVAL” acronym.
6. JLBC Cadets will develop a survival mantra.
7. JLBC Cadets Identify the symptoms of stress.
8. JLBC Cadets Identify the most common stressors in survival situations.
9. JLBC Cadets List ways to deal with and minimize survival stressors