JLBC PHASE FIVE CERTIFICATE OF QUALIFICATION
25. The JLBC, Cadet Certificate of Qualification, shall be awarded to each JLBC cadet upon completing the JLBC Phase Five qualification.
JLBC UPGRADING OF PROFICIENCY ACHIEVEMENT
26. The timeframe for completion of JLBC Phase Five is flexible, allowing a JLBC cadet who has qualified for JLBC Phase Five the option to pursue the upgrading of any assessment result at any time following achievement of the qualification standard. Therefore, as an example, after the awarding of the JLBC Phase Five qualification JLBC Cadet Certificate of Qualification, a JLBC cadet could choose to pursue enhanced proficiency in a PO in which they had previously achieved baseline proficiency. If successful, the higher standard would replace the previous achievement on the Phase Five Qualification Record.
JLBC MONITORING CADET PROGRESS
27. JLBC Cadets must meet the standard of behavior and conduct expected from all cadets. During cadet interviews and personal counseling, Case O should adopt a proactive approach toward difficulties.
28. The Case O shall meet formally and informally with JLBC cadets throughout the training year to discuss the JLBC cadet’s progress toward JLBC Phase Five qualification (assessment for learning) and provide feedback on overall performance. Case O will meet with each cadet at the end of Phase Five training to review and verify the completed JLBC Command (SOP), JLBC Cadets Phase Five Logbook, and JLBC Command, Annex C, JLBC Phase Five Qualification Record. Guidelines for conducting JLBC cadet interviews are located in Chapter 3, Annex D.
29. Frequent absences from mandatory and complementary training that could result in the JLBC cadet not meeting the minimum standard for JLBC Phase Five qualification must be addressed by JLBC Command (SOP), Conduct and Discipline – JLBC Cadets.
JLBC TRAINING COUNSELLING SESSION
30. A training counseling session is used when a JLBC cadet has difficulties progressing toward the JLBC Phase Five qualification. An intervention is required to set goals for corrective action and remedial instruction. These counseling sessions focus on training-related issues. The Trg O is responsible for conducting training counseling sessions. Guidelines for conducting training counseling sessions are located in JLBC Command 3, Annex E, and the Training Counselling Session Form is situated in JLBC Command, Appendix 1.