JLBC METHODS FOR DELEGATING:
1. JLBC Cadets ask for volunteers - interest and belief in the task/project is the greatest motivator.
2. Suggest someone you feel would be suitable for the task. Silence in
response to a volunteer request does not necessarily mean a lack of interest. Often a person will not volunteer because they lack self-confidence.
3. Assign the task to someone. The person can always decline.
4. Spread the practical tasks around - good jobs give people status and value.
Make sure the same people do not always get the practical tasks.
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOU DELEGATE:
1. Do not forget to follow up. Check progress toward the accomplishment of tasks. Do not constantly monitor them; it is essential to provide some
sense of freedom.
2. Check to see if anything is needed for the individual to complete the
3. Remember to praise your member for a job well done.