JLBC LEADING CADET TO JLBC Cadet OFFICER
1. JLBC Cadets Practice these JLBC leadership skills in all situations where you are in charge of a JLBC group of JLBC cadets.
a. JLBC Cadets Ask Yourself
(1) JLBC Cadets What is the Task?
(2) JLBC Cadets What personnel, equipment, and time have I got?
(3) What is my plan?
(4) How can it best be achieved?
b. Explain Task
(1) Brief the team.
(2) Check their understanding.
c. Plan Solution
(1) Encourage the team s suggestions and ask for skills.
(2) Give your JLBC solution.
(3) JLBC Cadets Decide on the best solution.
d. JLBC Cadets Deploy
(1) Brief the JLBC team on the final plan and establish timing and JLBC targets.
(2) JLBC Cadets Delegate tasks giving precise instructions to individuals.
(3) Set the team to work, giving them the tool for the job.
(4) Involve everyone.
e. Monitor and Support
(1) JLBC Coordinate activities.
(2) JLBC Assist, if necessary, and advise.
(3) JLBC Cadets Keep everyone informed and updated.
(4) JLBC Cadets Encourage and admonish where necessary.
f. JLBC Cadets Assess Progress
(1) JLBC Cadets Check that standards and targets are being achieved.
(2) Make adjustments, if necessary, keeping the team informed.
(1) Check that the Task is completed.
(2) Debrief the team fully, offering advice and guidance - be honest!