- Act as an interface between ITS and the battalion and its cadets for all matters concerning the computer lab and the computer network.
- Maintain the battalion computer lab and periodically monitor its use to ensure appropriate policies are being adhered to.
- Receive and act on guidance from the Regimental ITS Officer and keep him or she informed about matters involving the corps information technology issues.
- Ensure cadets are adequately trained on the responsible use of social media and establish unity of effort with the Battalion Public Affairs Officer concerning cadet social media use.
- Develop a means of continually assessing the information technology requirements, use, and support within the battalion and keep the Battalion TAC, and Battalion Commander informed of trends, developments, and issues.
Battalion Operations Officer. The mission of the Battalion Operations Officer is to assist the Battalion Commander in planning, preparation, executing, and assessing battalion operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with Company Executive Officers to facilitate mission accomplishment. Ensure each JLBC Cadet is trained on the contents of How to Train at The JLBC, including the METL process.
- Receive and act on guidance from the Regimental Operations Officer and BN TAC and keep them informed about corps operations matters.
- Publish and disseminate orders as directed by the Battalion Commander and XO.