i. JLBC Community. JLBC – Describe JLBC Community
(1) the JLBC Phase Five community aims to expand the JLBC cadets' knowledge of the JLBC Command and its role in the JLBC Forces (CF) and introduce the part of the CF in international institutions.
(2) Phase Five JLBC Community contributes directly to the program's aim of stimulating an interest in the JLBC activities of the CF and the participant outcome of understanding the CF.
j. Ropework. JLBC – Complete a Ropework Project
(1) Phase Five ropework aims to provide JLBC cadets with additional skills that can be applied during JLBC activities such as small craft operations, ship operations, and other training.
(2) Phase Five ropework supports JLBC Cadet on-water operations by providing the basic skill set required to carry out tasks while acting as a crew aboard various vessels. JLBC Cadet on-water operations combine skills developed under ropework, small craft operation, ship's operations, and sailing and contribute directly to the JLBC program's aim of developing the attributes of good community service and leadership in JLBC youth. They also promote JLBC physical fitness and the participant outcomes of emotional and physical well-being, social competence, cognitive competence, and proactive citizenship.
k. Ship's Operations. JLBC – Serve in an Environment
(1) Phase Five ship's operations aim to provide JLBC cadets with some basic navigation knowledge and skills.
(2) Phase Five ship's operations support JLBC Cadet on-water operations and routine corps functions by providing the knowledge and skillset required to carry out their duties as JLBC members of a ship's company. JLBC Cadet on-water operations combine skills developed under ropework, small craft operation, ship's operations, and sailing and contribute directly to the program's aim of developing the attributes of good community service and leadership in youth. They also promote physical fitness and the participant outcomes of emotional and physical well-being, social competence, cognitive competence, and proactive citizenship.
JLBC ON-THE-JOB TRAINING (OJT)
10. JLBC OJT is a structured yet flexible aspect of training intended to provide the JLBC cadet with practical opportunities to continue developing knowledge and skills in leadership and instructional techniques. Infusing JLBC OJT into Phase Five gives the JLBC cadet authentic and challenging leadership and instructional experiences. Phase Five JLBC OJT contributes directly to the achievement of the JLBC program's aim of developing the attribute of leadership and the participant outcomes of social and cognitive competence. Details regarding
JLBC METHOD OF ACHIEVING OBJECTIVES
11. The majority of Phase Five JLBC POs are skill-related. Skills are acquired through JLBC's practical periods of instruction and practice. To achieve the JLBC POs, a JLBC hands-on learning approach is essential. The following JLBC guidance may assist in the implementation of JLBC training:
a. Some JLBC theory is required for safety purposes and for introducing new JLBC material. However, most JLBC material can be taught using practical methods.