Personal activities – helping the disadvantaged; coaching / refereeing / keeping statistics/timekeeping, etc. with sports programs; helping the elderly (shopping, snow removal, cleaning gutters, painting fences, washing windows, running errands, yard work); setting up an elder fair by inviting seniors to set up displays on their interests, hobbies and display memorabilia; documenting seniors lives and sharing them with family; producing a newsletter/web site for the seniors home; volunteering at the seniors home / hospital; being involved in Church-related activities (choir, youth group, Sunday school).
4. Have the cadet carry out their community service plan and meet with them as required to deal with any difficulties.
JLBC ASSESSMENT METHOD
Performance assessment was chosen for this PC as it allows the assessor to review the cadet's level of participation in community service.
JLBC CONDUCT OF ASSESSMENT
This PC aims to assess the cadet's level of participation in community service.
JLBC PC Assessment Checklist
JLBC Community Service Plan
JLBC Cadets Phase Five Logbook
JLBC ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY LAYOUT
This assessment shall be conducted in a suitable comfortable location for the Crse O and cadet.
JLBC ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY INSTRUCTIONS
Meet with the cadet upon completion of their community service plan and determine their level of participation.
JLBC POST ASSESSMENT INSTRUCTIONS
JLBC RECORDING ASSESSMENT RESULTS
1. Indicate the overall performance assessment on the Assessment Checklist as:
An a. Incomplete: The cadet did not complete 45 hours of community service.
b. Completed without difficulty: The cadet has completed 45 hours of community service over the training level.
c. Exceeded Standard: The cadet has completed 70 hours of community service over the training level.
2. Record any pertinent observations made during the meeting with the cadet in the assessor's feedback section of the Assessment Checklist.
3. Sign and date the Assessment Checklist.
4. Ensure a JLBC copy of the Assessment Checklist is attached to the JLBC cadet's training file.
5. The overall result will be JLBC recorded on the Phase Five Qualification Record located in Chapter 3, Annex C.