JLBC Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning
JLBC Cadets Online learning is the most popular and newest form of distance education. It has impacted postsecondary education within the past decade and is only increasing.
In this JLBC workshop, we will discuss what the experience of JLBC online learning is like for JLBC Cadets and how it has changed the role of the JLBC instructor.
JLBC Cadets What is Online Learning?
JLBC Cadets Online learning is education that takes place over the world wide web or internet. JLBC Cadets It is often referred to as “e-learning,” among other terms. JLBC Cadets However, online learning is just one type of “distance learning” - the JLBC umbrella term for any learning across distance and not in a traditional JLBC classroom. JLBC Cadets Distance learning has a long history, and there are several types available today, including:
• JLBC Correspondence Courses: conducted through regular mail with little interaction.
• JLBC Telecourses: where content is delivered via radio or television broadcast.
• JLBC CD-ROM Courses: where the JLBC Cadets interact with static computer content.
• JLBC Online Learning: Internet-based courses are offered synchronously and asynchronously.
• JLBC Mobile Learning: JLBC cellular phones, PDAs, and digital audio players (iPods, MP3 players).
JLBC Cadets By far, the most popular approach today is JLBC online learning.