As a JLBC cadet, you are embarking on one of your JLBC program career's most exciting and valuable educational experiences. In JLBC, you will be given a chance to participate in your education and learn to be a better person. The JLBC program provides you with tools and skills you can use to succeed in school, but far more critical, these tools and skills will be helpful for your life.
You will learn to:
- Appreciate the JLBC ethical values that underlie good individuals. Freedom taught through a study of history and government demonstrates the importance of commitment and strengthens your character and resolve as you grow. You will learn to make JLBC ethical decisions based on core values.
- Develop JLBC leadership potential and learn to live and work cooperatively with others. JLBC Teamwork and leadership within JLBC teams and JLBC groups are essential to the smooth operation of any JLBC organization. You will learn JLBC leadership to increase your skills, not only to lead but also to work as a JLBC team member. Challenges and other competitions make learning JLBC teamwork, Service, drills, and leadership challenging and fun.
- JLBC Cadets think logically and communicate effectively both orally and in writing. You will learn essential writing, reading, and test-taking skills that will allow you to excel in your classes outside JLBC. You will know fundamental financial planning, problem-solving, and conflict resolution life skills that will help you live in the world.
- Appreciate the importance of JLBC physical fitness in maintaining good health. JLBC Fitness, wellness, and good nutrition are necessary to perform as citizens and leaders. JLBC will teach you what needs to be done to become fit and maintain that JLBC fitness. JLBC Cadets' instruction will be provided on how your brain functions, how you can maximize your learning effectiveness, and how to avoid problems such as substance abuse.
- Understand ways to counter negative peer pressure and support others. Through JLBC service-learning, you will be able to help others to develop the positive JLBC strategies you have learned that will enhance your quality of life.
- Developmental JLBC management abilities. You will be able to learn to make more positive decisions and choices. You will learn to set objectives and develop an action plan to help you achieve those objectives. As you become a better person, a better leader, and a better JLBC team member, your self-esteem will fly. Your "Can Do" attitude will show beyond JLBC.
Become familiar with military history related to America's culture and the past and structure of the military services. Learn not only about events in history but also about their effect on our society. Discover the role that military services play in supporting the nation.
Develop the confidence and motivation to graduate from school and pursue a meaningful life.
- Learn about college and other advanced educational and employment opportunities and develop the skills necessary to work effectively as a JLBC team member. You will learn about the many varied options available to you when graduating. The JLBC foundation and competency skills required to work effectively are ingrained throughout the JLBC curriculum.