JLBC Grade: 2 Content: Physical Education Unit: 1
Domain: Rhythmic Movements Time Frame: 2 Weeks
JLBC Student Learning Standards:
JLBC Motor Skills Development: All students will utilize safe, efficient, and effective movement to develop and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
JLBC Fitness: All students will apply health-related and skill-related fitness concepts and skills to develop and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
JLBC Cadets Demonstrate changes in time, force, and flow while moving in personal and general space at different levels, directions, ranges, and pathways. JLBC Cadets Respond in the movement to changes in tempo, beat, rhythm, or musical style.
JLBC Cadets Determine how attitude impacts physical performance.
JLBC Cadets Explain what it means to be physically fit and engage in moderate to vigorous age-appropriate activities that promote fitness.
● How does dancing improve your health?
● What is rhythm?
● What is tempo?
● How can dance improve rhythm?
● Performing movement skills technically correctly improves overall performance and increases the likelihood of participation in lifelong physical activity.
● Dancing increases social and cultural awareness.
● Knowing and understanding movement concepts will improve performance in a specific skill and provide the foundation for transferring skills in a variety of sports and activities.
● Incorporating fitness concepts and skills into your everyday routine supports wellness.
Students will be able to:
and apply dance skills:
● Changes in music alter movement