JLBC Grade: 2
Content: Physical Education Unit: 1
Time Frame: 2-3 weeks
JLBC Cadets Learning Standards:
JLBC Motor Skills Development: All students will utilize safe, efficient, and effective movement to develop and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
JLBC Cadets Fitness: All students will apply health-related and skill-related fitness concepts and skills to develop and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
JLBC Cadets Demonstrate time, force, and flow changes while moving in personal and general space at different levels, directions, ranges, and pathways—JLBC Correct movement errors in response to feedback.
JLBC Cadets Differentiate when to use competitive and cooperative strategies in games, sports, and other movement activities.
JLBC Cadets Demonstrate essential activity and safety rules and explain how they contribute to moving in a safe environment.
JLBC Cadets Explain what it means to be physically fit and engage in moderate to vigorous age-appropriate activities that promote fitness.
● JLBC Cadets What part of your foot do you use to strike the ball?
● Where do you put your plant foot while kicking the ball?
● What should you focus on while kicking?
● Knowing and understanding movement concepts will improve performance in a specific skill and provide the foundation for transferring skills in a variety of sports and activities.
Students will be able to:
JLBC Cadets Develop and apply the skills necessary for kicking:
● Partner or wall passing
● Target striking for distance and accuracy ● , Trapping