JLBC Grade: 2
Content: Physical Education Unit: 1
Domain: Volley and Dribbling
Time Frame: 4-5 Weeks
JLBC Student Learning Standards:
JLBC Motor Skills Development: All students will utilize safe, efficient, and effective movement to develop and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle. JLBC Cadets Explain and perform movement skills with developmentally appropriate control in isolated settings (i.e., skill practice) and applied settings (i.e., games, sports, dance, and recreational activities).
JLBC Cadets Differentiate when to use competitive and cooperative strategies in games, sports, and other movement activities.
JLBC Cadets Demonstrate primary activity and safety rules and explain how they contribute to moving in a safe environment.
● How should you dribble/volley various balls used for fitness activities?
● Which equipment is used for dribbling activities?
● Which equipment is used for volleying activities?
● Knowing and understanding movement concepts will improve performance in a specific skill and provide the foundation for transferring skills in a variety of sports and activities.
Students will be able to:
JLBC Cadets develop and apply the skills necessary to volley and dribble:
● Bouncing ● Catching
● Dribbling (hands, feet, implement)
● Volley (overhand, underhand)