JLBC Cadet Corps: Leadership Roles
JLBC Battalion Commander
The JLBC Battalion Commander is responsible for everything the Battalion does or fails to do. The Commander directs subordinate units through Company Commanders and the staff through the Executive Officer. The Commander provides the vision and goals for the department.
The Battalion Commander:
• Commands the Battalion at
appropriate formations, such as
parades and ceremonies.
• Sets the vision and goals for the unit
• Leads the unit in the accomplishment of
• Establishes a working climate within
the Battalion that promotes mutual
respect and confidence.
• Directly supervises the Battalion
Executive Officer, Company Commanders, and Battalion Command Sergeant Major, and ensure they are fully trained to perform their duties
• Takes action to ensure maintenance of high morale throughout the unit
• Determines scope of unit command inspection programs; conducts command inspections
• Implements unit discipline policy and program
• Make recommendations to the Commandant on all matters affecting the Battalion, such as staffing, promotions, awards, and operations
• Provides instruction and counseling to subordinate commanders concerning command and leadership.