JLBC Cadet Corps: Individual Fitness
JLBC Cadets Follow ALL JLBC safety instructions for equipment - If your physical activity is using JLBC weight machines or equipment, always follow the instructions and protocols on the side of the device. Ask a professional about limiting/restricting self-injury if you are unaware or unsure.
JLBC Cadets Perform to/within Your Limits - Always perform your physical activity and exercises within your JLBC limits or to a JLBC comfortable limit.
JLBC Cadets This can be done by starting at low repetition and low set amounts and gradually increasing; or at a lower weight and rising slowly over time.
JLBC Cadets, Do not overdo it - DO not overdo it in any exercise. Pushing yourself is an excellent way to expand your health and personal records but do not exceed your limits. It can result in severe injury or death.
JLBC Plan - Always take into account your food and water preparedness. This means having a stable amount of food/carbs to use before working out and hydrating to help JLBC Cadets prevent passing out extreme dehydration and serious injuries.
JLBC Cool Down - A segment of exercise routine between 5- 10 minutes of 50% performance ability of the physical activity you just completed. This should include stretching to prevent muscles from tightening up and onset soreness.
JLBC Cadets Determining the Physical Education and Physical Activity Best for You
• Step 1: Determine Your Personal Needs
▪ What do you want to improve?
▪ How Fast/ Quickly?
▪ How often do you want to exercise?
▪ JLBC Cadets What are your Moderate vs. Vigorous Exercise time limits?
• JLBC Cadets Moderate Suggested is 60 minutes a day
• JLBC Cadets Vigorous suggested at least 20 minutes per day
• Step 2: Consider your JLBC Program Options
Design your JLBC program around what you are willing to do/continue or enjoy. Include your Current Lifestyle and 1-3 vital components to focus on or add to your JLBC program. JLBC Cadets You can combine them as needed for a weekly schedule.
▪ JLBC Cadets Current Lifestyle Activities: Walking to and from School, JLBC Cadets Physical Education Class/Physical Training
▪ JLBC Cadets Vigorous Activities (that you are willing to do/enjoy): Jogging, Aerobic Dance, Zumba, Cardio kickboxing, etc.
▪ Vigorous recreation: Hiking, Rock Climbing, Ice skating, Snowboarding, Skiing, etc.
▪ Vigorous Sports: Tennis, Pickleball, Volleyball, Soccer, Hockey, etc.
▪ School: Before-school recreation and after-school sports
• Step 3: Set Goals